1. Everything terrible was combated with something wonderful, I kid you not. All the things that would usually get under my skin didn’t, all the things that usually have me on edge, didn’t push me over the edge, as I thought they would. Everything seemed to work out just fine, from beginning to end.
2. I met Akudo, one of my readers / favorite bloggers! This was on my 24 by 24 list, and all though it came a few weeks after the cut off it still elated it happened. She was in town for a mini vacation and contacted me for a meet up and honestly I was in complete shock because… who would want to meet me? The best part of the 2.5 hour lunch break I took was the fact that it was so… easy. No awkwardness, tons of laughs, and a bunch of validations that she is kind of my non-related twin from Chicago… but funnier.
3. I reconnected with friends from high-school all weekend long. Dominique, one of my closest friends from high-school, Brittany my not so little sister anymore, and Jenay, my positive Positive Patty that keeps me going through-out the work week. Dominique actually just recently recovered from a surgery that had my heart in my throat for days on end, and this weekend was her first weekend out. It was full of laughs, strange men and long drive to and from Boston.
4. While allowing my friend Brittany to vent to me, it forced me to have a very important conversation with myself about certain behaviors I have, and if I am settling for less in certain aspects of my life. The answer: I am. And it’s stopping right this instance.
5. Family time. Enough said.